Losing belly fat can be very challenging. Reasons for this include stress, genetics, hormone imbalances and a slow metabolism. Here are 5 ways to increase belly fat burning
- Increase your metabolism: exercising with high-intensity intervals (HITT) workouts 5-6 times per week, eating blood sugar friendly meals/snacks every 3 hours, and getting at least 6 hours of sleep per night are all big factors in increasing your metabolism. Do this and watch the belly fat begin to shrink.
- Carb timing: Carbs are essential to run your metabolism at a high rate and to fuel workouts. But too many carbs are not belly fat friendly. Especially high sugar foods, which should be avoided. Eat complex carbohydrates before and after your workout to start. The other meals should consist of vegetables and clean proteins. We recommend sweet potatoes a couple of hours before or after training and a protein shake post workout with low glycemic fruit. If your body still feels fatigue or low energy try adding in another portion of complex carbs somewhere in your day.
- Manage stress: Stress makes you fat. Research also links high-stress hormone (cortisol) to fat in the belly area. Manage your stress by managing blood sugar, exercising, and incorporating an unwind exercise every 2-4 days into your week. Restorative yoga, morning/evening meditation, hikes in nature, and saunas are all ways to unwind. Try not to unwind with things that will cause rebound stress afterward like cheat meals, drinking alcohol, and socializing with negative people.
- Get organized: Many people get stressed because they feel overwhelmed. When you feel overwhelmed, you will not be efficient with your daily tasks, which will further increase overall stress. One way to combat this is to get prepared the day before. Making a note of daily tasks the night before is a great way to stay on track. Research shows your body releases feel-good hormones every time you complete a task and swipe it off your to-do list. Food prepping is also essential to successfully transforming your body. When you prep your food the night before you won’t run into the stress of not being prepared to eat on time.
- Accept the process: Losing body fat is not up to you, it’s up to your body. Be patient, this is a process, which takes time and consistency in the above-mentioned points. Don’t be so hard on yourself if your belly fat is not shrinking as fast as you would like it to. Ease off focusing so much on the physical result and focus more on the lifestyle change process. Don’t be too hard on yourself! Remember why you got into this in the first place and give yourself some credit for all the hard work. That stubborn fat won’t stand a chance if you stay consistent
We invite you to join shestough.com today to get a complete meal plan and workout system to fast track your results! See why 1000s have joined today! See you inside.