When you wake up in the morning your body is in a sensitive state. The first thing you put in your mouth sets the hormonal pace that can last all day. This is why it is SO important to have a healthy breakfast first thing in the morning. If you eat something too high in sugar, it will result in blood sugar spike followed by a big dip, which is a no-no for fat burning and sustained energy levels. If you don’t eat enough proteins, healthy fats, or calories you can also have the same effect. Having sustained energy after eating a meal is associated with a healthy metabolism and when it comes to burning fat it’s all about METABOLISM. We make it easy for you today by giving you 3 fat burning breakfast options:
- PALEO: Ground Turkey, Beef, or Chicken with steamed greens and nuts
This high protein, high fat, low carb breakfast will boost your fat burning abilities first thing in the morning, putting your body into a state of efficiency.
3-5 Oz Ground meat of choice cooked
1 Handful of green beans (steamed)
½ handful of raw nuts like walnuts or brazil nuts (steamed)
add some tomato sauce for flavoring
- VEGETARIAN: Egg Omelet with Avocado
This high protein, high fat, low carb breakfast is also a great choice for vegetarians and meat eaters
1-2 Free Range Whole eggs
1-2 Egg whites
1 Handful of Steamed Spinach or greens
- VEGAN: Chia Pudding with Berries and Nuts
- 75 cups dairy-free milk (we used DIY coconut – use creamier milks for creamier, thicker pudding, such as full fat coconut and cashew)
- 25 cup chia seeds
- 5-1 Tbsp maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 5 tsp vanilla extract
- One Handful of blue or blackberries
- ½ handful of raw nuts of choice (almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts)
- To a mixing bowl add dairy-free milk, chia seeds, maple syrup (to taste), and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy. If not, add more chia seeds, stir, and refrigerate for another hour or so.
- Enjoy as is, or layer with berries and raw nuts! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.